In 2010 this distinguishing feature translated into 4,564,426 hours of training activity, an increase of 16.0% on 2009.
In BBVA training is mainly focused on updating commercial and financial knowledge and training for leadership, which is carried out through a unique model with courses given in partnership with the best business schools in the world.
Training is the reflection of the Group’s commitment to the development of its professionals.
It is worth noting that 48% of the Group’s training in 2010 was carried out through the e-campus, the Group’s online learning platform.
The training model also evolved in 2010 by adapting to the Group’s growth challenges and objectives, with an increasing focus on specialization and global scope. It is worth highlighting, among other initiatives, the following:
- Full integration of BBVA Compass into the Group’s training model.
- Launch of the Global Training Program in WB&AM.
- Development of 15 programs in Mandarin Chinese to cover the Group’s growing presence in Asia.
- Selection of new training providers of maximum academic prestige at a global level, such as Wharton and the London Business School, in addition to those already used by the Group.
- Consolidation of the world of training in BBVA’s Shared Service Center for knowledge and learning.
Training hours and training budget in BBVA Group
|Training hours (millions)||3.9||4.6||16.0|
|Budget (€ millions)||32||37||17.0|